American University in Bosnia and Herzegovina to Host Event
Keynote Addresses by Lord Paddy Ashdown, U.S. Rep. Eliot Engel
On the occasion of the 20th anniversary of the Dayton Peace Agreement that halted hostilities in Bosnia and Herzegovina, the American University in Bosnia and Herzegovina will host a conference Nov. 6, 2015, in Sarajevo titled, “20 Years After Dayton Implementation: Challenges and Perspectives.”
- Location: UNITIC, Fra Anđela Zvizdovića 1, 71000 Sarajevo
- Date: Friday, 06.11.2015.
- Time: 09:00 – 17:00
The Conference will feature:
Lord Paddy Ashdown, former High Representative for Bosnia and Herzegovina who oversaw civilian implementation of the Dayton agreement from 2002 to 2006, will be a keynote speaker. After serving as a Royal Marine and an intelligence officer in the U.K. security services, Ashdown became a Member of Parliament and leader of the Liberal Democrats.
U.S. Rep. Eliot Engel Ranking Member of the House Foreign Affairs committee, also is a keynote speaker. He has served in the House of Representatives for 14 terms and is recognized for leading U.S. congressional opposition to wars in Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, and Croatia in the 1990s. Engel was a member of the presidential delegation to Bosnia and Herzegovina headed by former President Bill Clinton for commemoration of the Srebrenica genocide held in July.
Other conference participants will include:
- Dr. Valentin Inzko, High Representative for Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Jim Harff, President and CEO of the Global Communicators from Washington DC
- Amb. Valerie Sluijter, former Dutch Ambassador to BiH and former Deputy High Representative
- Michael Humphreys, former Head of the EU Delegation to BiH
- Joe Ingram, former World Bank representative to the WTO and former World Bank representative in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Gallina Andronova Vincelette, Program Leader, Macro Fiscal Management Global Practice, Vienna, Austria and
- Renzo Daviddi, Deputy Head of EU Delegation to Bosnia and Herzegovina