- BENEFITS OF ONLINE LEARNING
Convenience and flexibility
- Schedule Flexibility: With this option, students can access their courses at any time; from anywhere they can log on. This means that parents, working students and professionals on the move have the option of attending classes regardless of their work schedules.
- Ease of accessibility: The course can be accessible for students when they need them. Students can review lectures, discussions, explanations and comments. Individuals can also share notes with each other to help facilitate community learning.
- Range of options: Students may be able to choose from a wider breadth of degree programs. We offer degree programs that might not yet be available through nearby public or private institutions.
- Chance for interaction: Online courses may be less intimidating than the brick-and-mortar classroom setting and can help to increase student interaction. By allowing everyone to have a voice, shared ideas grow diversity as well. Students can also think longer about what they want to say and add their comments when they are ready.
- Online communications: Instructors can be more approachable in an online setting. Students may feel more comfortable talking openly with their teachers through online chats, emails and newsgroup discussions, rather than face-to-face. Online correspondence also cuts out having to wait for office hours that may not be convenient for either party;
- Money saving option: Students may be able to save money by not having to physically attend classes. Online courses may help individuals cut down or eliminate costs of transportation, babysitting and other expenses incurred by attending classes in a traditional setting.
- No more textbooks: E-textbooks might offer substantial savings for students. E-textbooks are portable and can be read everywhere.